Filed Under (FS Utilities) by admin on 13-05-2010
Hey Simmers…How are ya!
I would like to share how to repaint your favourite aircraft. I’m just gonna tell you what I’ve usually did…And I usually made it for FS9, Maybe it’s a same way for FSX, just in FSX they use a different texture format….And this is just a BASIC steps for repainting an aircraft. Before that, pardon me for my English ;p
What Things You Gonna Need?
- A Paint Kit. Every Aircraft products have a paint kit. Wilco/Feelthere, Project Opensky, Level–D, PMDG, etc. have their own paint kit. You must use the paint kit according of what product you gonna use. If you want to paint a boeing 737 from Wilco/Feelthere then you will have to use a Wilco/Feelthere’s Paint Kit. Okay, next.
- Adobe Photoshop™. For sure you all knows this app.
- DXTBmp Application from MW Graphics. We gonna use this app to convert the .psd file to .bmp file
- Image Tools. Use this app for extracting mipmaps. Otherwise you’ll got your aircraft Texture blur when you play it in your Microsoft Flight Simulator.
- FS Repaint™. This is a payware. You can buy it here … I use this app just to preview my painting (I’m sure previewing your painting by entering the FS is gonna kill you.. ).
Read the rest of this entry »
Incoming search terms:
- ifly 737 paintkit
- airplane Texture
- ifly 737 paint kit
- fsx repaint kit
- wilco repaint tutorial
- aircraft texture
- wilco 737 paint kit
- ifly 737 repaint kit
- ifly 737 repaint tutorial
- wilco 737 paintkit
Filed Under (FS Utilities) by admin on 13-05-2011
Hi Simmers! This time I will post something different than usual. I think this post is important for FS Aircraft’s Repainters. I am compelled to share this because I feel it is necesary to make some corrections on the paintkit that Wilco Airbus A380 have been released. First of all I’ve made some corrections on windows and doors, which in the original paintkits they didn’t separate the layers between doors lines, windows lines, door details with fuse colour.
Second thing is, I’ve added my edited full fuse paintkit. I was inspired with PMDG’s paintkit which you can draw your livery on the whole fuselage without any lines disconnected; and after that you can cut them part by part. It’s easier for you to paint a complex livery so every details will connected and reduce the risk for us from making some mistakes.
This is what I’ve done. My first project with this Paintkit was Singapore Airlines livery A380
Image below is a full left fuselage of Wilco Airbus A380 with all standalone details. I named the file as “Full Left.psd”.
Image below is full right fuselage with baggage doors and details. I named the file as “Full Right.psd”.
After you finished your repaint on the FULL Fuselage template, Move them on the separated fuselage paintkit section by section which I’ve also changed all the details. How to move them? find your own ways.
Image below is the left side which named as “Left_T.psd”.
Well that’s it! I hope this edited paintkit can be useful for all repainters. Please feel free to correct me if any mistakes on this paintkit pack.
Incoming search terms:
- wilco a380 paint kit
- wilco a380 paintkit
- wilco A380 repaint
- Wilco A320 Paint Kit
- airbus a380 template
- Wilco A380 liveries
- wilco airbus a380 liveries
- wilco a380 textures
- fsx a380 paint kit
- a380 psd